Saturday, March 14, 2020

The Farm

I am not sure if I have mentioned this before, but the farm holds a very special place in our hearts.  It was there that Todd kissed me for the very first time, making me realize that this relationship might actually BE something.

The moment we get into the van on our way to the farm, I can start to feel the stresses of life release their grip on my chest...usually by the time we hit Spanish Fork the breathing gets easier and I can feel my eyes well with tears of relief but the moment we pull into that rocky entry my heart is overjoyed that we have made it and we can escape and my whole soul smiles.  Little did I know how much our family needed this escape and the special bonding moments that would come with it.

That Friday we hit up the grocery store, went for a windy walk, watched a movie and slowed down.  It has become tradition that we go bowling in Richfield every time that we come to the farm and our kids are getting quite good at it, so on Saturday we went bowling.  The boys won, so they got shakes and we girls settled for ice cream cones.  Some of our other favorite things to do when we are on the farm is to paint our nails, let the kids run free outside, color, do puzzles, play games and watch lots and lots of movies.





No comments: