Monday, March 16, 2020

Visitors on the Farm

Sunday evening, Adam, Angie and their family joined us on the farm.  They were on their spring break, but we still had digital learning and work to do.  So we set up our office upstairs in the attic and got to work first thing Monday morning.


We were able to plow through the kids work within the first few hours of the morning and everything seemed to go off without a hitch.  I struggled, though, to complete my work at the pace that I was typically accustomed to at the Church Office Building.  I had gotten so used to having three screens open at the same time, high speed internet connection with very few glitches and a wide desk space to spread out on along with access to all of my files on my hard drive.

My boss, Jason recommended that I come and get my hard drive as soon as possible, because it sounded like they were going to limit the number of people allowed in the Church Office Building, so Todd and I quickly threw our things together, left the kids with Adam and Angie on the farm and drove to SLC to get my hard drive, a monitor from my dad and a few other things from home.

What a blessing to live in this digital age that allowed us to get away from so much chaos...little did we know how much more chaos was about to hit.

On Wednesday morning around 7:50am there was an earthquake that hit Magna, and it was felt in our neighborhood.  Our neighbors, the Svendin's checked on the fish and there was some water that had spilled over the edge, but it looked as though everything else was ok in our home.

However, when Ken and Tonya went over a few days later after some aftershocks, they let us know that a framed piece of art that was on the ledge above the bathtub in our master bath had fallen and the glass had shattered.   And a few pictures were crooked on the walls.

We missed it all.

No comments: