Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Catchin' Up

I've got lots of catching up to do. So be prepared for a very long post with a few cute pics. I've been busy socializing (which I love), preschooling, mommying and such.

Todd is out hiking Koko Head Crater this 4th of July morning, so I am taking advantage of this moment to recap some of the great events that have taken place in the last week.

LAUNDRY! Such a never ending process. I am, however, so very grateful to have a washer and dryer in my home. While folding laundry one Sunday morning (I know, not the greatest Sunday activity, but it needed to be done), Connor decided to "help." All mother's know what that type of help entails (unfolding and throwing the laundry around). He found my bathing suit top, took of his own shirt and put my swimming top on.Later that morning he had a bath and changed his clothes for church. Doesn't he clean up well? He loves to wear his Sunday "Boots" and especially loves to look up at the ceiling to have his top button done up.We have invested in a life-jacket for Connor (thanks for the tip Ashley & Heather). It has been so great to see him willing to swim on his own (almost frightening) and actually doing it without sinking! Abi & I don't usually get in the water (all the way) we just hang out on the steps and splash about.



For over a month now I have been trying to get the kids room into some type of "theme." With a budget of...NOTHING, I have tried my best to create a cute little cozy area for them (like they even care). Todd and I used to have this Americana quilt on our bed. I figured it was friendly to both genders and began with that as my "theme." Then I created these cute little 2-d stars to hang on the walls. I used my friend Lindsay's Cricut to cut out the letters to go above the stars. Then I used leftover wood blocks from the demolition and added the kids names to them. Then cut out a few stars and other paper things and stuck them into some baskets I had and placed those on top of the kids wardrobes. Connor asks to have the stars on the sticks...he likes to carry them around the house and direct things with them. It worked out perfect because Connor LOVES stars. Abi has yet to give me her opinion.



4 comments:

Emilee said...

What an ADORABLE bedroom! You are so creative... I could use your advice on some no budget finishing touches to both of my girls' bedrooms! What's happening in November and May?

Mel said...

I am excited for November and May because I will get to see family (homesickness hasn't left me yet). Family will be out in November for Carly's birth and then again in May for Todd's graduation.

Angie said...

Wow, that turned out really cute!! I like it a lot. You are the only person I know that can make something out of nothing. What a great talent!!

ashley g. said...

This looks amazing!! I am so impressed with the bedroom- good work Mel!! Cute babies too- I must say that Conner looks fantastic in a bathing suit!
-Ashley