Friday, May 2, 2008

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice?

Yeah RIGHT!!!!!

Yesterday was FREEZING here. It was snowing. I had left Connor and Abi upstairs while I put Carly down for a nap. When I came back upstairs I found Abi outside. Here she is, with no shoes on. It was forty degrees (hey Miranda...can you believe that the outfit is a bit too big for her?):

I drug her back inside and changed her into a clean pair of pants and put shoes on socks on her feet. Then Carly began to fuss so I ran downstairs to help calm her. When I returned back, Abi was plastered to the back window with the biggest grin on her face. I apologize for how blurry it is, but she is a moving target. It's as thought putting the shoes on her and taking off her jacket gave her the magical powers necessary to suffer through the freezing cold and LAY DOWN flat in the dirty puddle.



This time, I turned the bolt on the door and forbade any children from leaving the house and but Abi in the tub. She loves the tub and I had to bribe her out of it by letting her wear her silky pajamas (thanks Ang for those, she LOVES them, even in the dead of spring or winter or whatever we are experiencing). I took the wet headed opportunity to put her hair in sponger curlers. We let them set while eating dinner. We were having spaghetti...I wouldn't let her have any sauce. I had dealt with enough messes for one day.


I was way too excited at the thought of Abi having curly hair that I took out the rollers too soon and it didn't get as curly as I had hoped. We'll try again tomorrow.

3 comments:

Miranda said...

TOO FUNNY!

Heather B said...

Abi!!! Silly girl, it looks sooo cold! Thta is just so funny.

Angie said...

She sounds like me when I was little.