It all started with good intentions of cleaning Carly's room, I mean, REALLY cleaning. Sorting through baby clothes, putting away winter stuff, bringing out springy clothes (ha ha ha, it's snowing today) washing baseboards and changing her bedding. There is a wall in her room that has been bugging me for a while. It's this one:
So, I pulled out some white paint and got to work painting a tree on that wall, so that the birdhouses don't look like they are floating on thin air.
Then I took the heart shelves that were hanging in Abi's room and hung them in Carly's room. But then I discovered that I needed things to go on those shelves, so I pulled out my stack of scrapbook paper and rummaged through to find some that could spark my creative juices. A collection of blue and green papers stood out, but I had already made the two little birdies (see them framed in the above picture) in blues, pinks and reds. I hemmed and hawed for about two seconds and realized I could perform a minor reconstructive surgery on each of the birds and replace the pinks and reds with greens. Brilliant! Pictures of the tree are to come when I am done cutting out little paper birdies to hang from the new branches.
After that bout of creativity, I started cleaning out the storage from under the stairs when I came across an old touch lamp that didn't work by touch anymore. You know the kind, it used to look like this:
But with a little white spray paint, paper and mod-podge, it now has a new home on Carly's dresser and looks like this:
But why stop with the paper crafting there. I needed to use this one piece of paper that inspired the whole blue and green scheme (the center medallion looking one), and I wanted it to show in it's full glory, so I made a quick and easy valance using some paper, spray adhesive, foam-core and velcro.
The total cost of these little crafts: $0.00
Stay tuned to see this tree and Abi's vines. Hopefully they will both be done by next week!