Friday, August 12, 2011

Early to Rise

Each night before my head hits the pillow I vow that I will start a better regime by waking up at 6:30am.  This is what I will accomplish with the extra hour of wakefulness:

Make the bed
Make a nutritious breakfast for the whole happy family
Make Todd a lunch that doesn't have to be microwaved

This has been going on for over a year now.

My body naturally awoke at 6:30am today (the first time in....ever).  I should have jumped right out of bed, opened the windows and begun singing "Good Morning" while tap dancing around the house (I LOVE Debbie Reynolds performance in that musical).  But I just looked at the clock.  Then my door creaked open and Connor came and slipped into Todd's side of the bed (Todd has incredible self discipline and has never slept past 6:30am in the 13+ years we've been married).  I justified staying in bed to cuddle with Connor and listen to him explain the differences between foxes and dogs and cats.

Then Carly came in and squished between us.  The first thing she told me was that she was wet and can't go potty anymore.  I kissed her and didn't say anything.  We had a rough potty training day yesterday.  I need to give the girl a break.

I rolled out of bed when it got to the point where it wasn't sweet cuddling anymore cuz Carly's toes were touching Connor's and Carly was pulling my hair and Connor needed more blankets.

I went to the kitchen and made Dakota a bottle, freshened myself up a bit to find Todd in the kitchen, Connor up on the counter and Todd explaining to Connor the mechanics of a Toaster Oven and teaching him how to plug it in, turn the knob to get the right shade of brown (or black in my case) on the toast, and frying up an egg for Carly.

Todd has mastered the nutritious breakfast portion of my morning.  So waking up at 6:30 to make the bed and a lunch for my love shouldn't be too hard?

There's always tomorrow!

No comments: