Sunday, February 11, 2007

Today's Lesson

On our ride home from Church today, I was talking with Todd about the wonderful teachers we have in our ward and discussing what our lessons were about.

Intermittently I brought up a discussion I had with a friend in the foyer about children and how amazing it is that they can drive you nuts all day long. I can put Connor on time-out three times for the same thing, put lemon juice on his tongue 5 times for screaming, and clean up an exploded diaper. The whole day will have seemed horrible, that is, until Connor comes up to me and says, "want a hug...want a kiss." My heart always melts and I forget anything during the day that he may have done wrong.

Todd pointed out that our Savior is the same way. We can screw up every single day, but the moment we turn our hearts to Him and ask for his forgiveness, His heart melts and he forgets anything that we do wrong.

Sometimes it is hard for me to fathom that my mom could have ever felt for me the way that I do for Connor and Abi. But she did, or she must have. Then to think that our Savior and Father in Heaven love us even more. I am grateful for this gospel and the love of my Heavenly Father. I am most grateful for His Son and the amazing Atonement.

Being a parent for these few short years has opened my eyes to the meaning of unconditional love. I hope everyone has this chance.

No comments: