Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Flabby Abi

I just had a phone call with my dad, "Papa Butt" as Connor so lovingly calls him. It made me even more homesick. He asked if we could come over tonight, and I would if we could. As I was driving home form a horrible appointment this afternoon (you will not be getting an explanation...not important) I was in tears thinking about how great it is being with my family when things get frustrating.

You see, for us, when we visit family it is such a great retreat. The family takes time away from work to spend with us. The little ones get more attention and spoiled than they do at home (once in a while, that's fine). And I get my mommy.

But my dad had mentioned the pictures of Makapu'u and how big Abi has gotten. She is a chunky little thing. Connor was a big boy, but he was more muscley (if that's a word). Abi is flabby. For those of you who think it's wrong to call her that, talk to my folks...they called me Melody Moose.

As an ode to Abi's great size, I thought I would post a few pictures of her, one of Connor at that age and one of Todd and myself as babies. This way you could compare and see exactly where this little chub of our gets her girth from.




3 comments:

HeatherB said...

I can't believe how much your kids look like you and Todd as babies. Todd's baby pic is a perfect mix of Abbi and Connor. Sorry we didn't come over last night. We ended up doing some birthday shopping and buying a portable dvd player for the long flights ahead (courtesy of my mom). What would we do without family. Sometimes I miss them sooo much.

Heather B said...

DARLING pictures!! I'm glad you put those on there. Of course that's my very favorite of Abi, and I LOVE that cute picture of Connor, and you and Todd are so darling. We REALLY need an explanation about your horrible appointment, just leaving us hanging is killing me!

Heather B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.