Thursday, January 24, 2008

One of those Days

Despite being awakend by Connor at 3am with a fever of 102.3, I am loving my life right now.

Carly is on an awesome schedule and has started sleeping for 8 hours at night. She has also begun to laugh. She is quick to give you the biggest smile and will talk back to you when you visit with her.

Abi has started talking more and the word she uses most...."thank you." Where did that come from? Amazing. She is still taking 2 naps a day (though very short) and sleeping through the night. She and Connor seem to be getting along better and are great at entertaining one another.

I cannot get her to sit still long enough to get a decent picture. Not only that, but I have to do her hair three or four times a day..it never stays "done." She is just so busy and happy and funny. She has the most contagious smile and laugh. And Abi is so quick to give big hugs and cuddles. When she does, she pats you on the back.

Connor comes up with the funniest things. Most often times they are lines picked up from a movie (lines I shouldn't be laughing at...I should be throwing the movies out). The other day he told Ike to "Shut-Up Fool." The shock and hearing something like that come out of a two year old just made me laugh. Ike wondered why I didn't scold him right away...I had to leave the room. Now I just need to determine what movie he picked it up from and hide it for a while.

Connor is the sweetest brother and is always concerned about "baby cah-ree". I wish he was so concerned with Abi...he's more concerned about Abi being a playmate and someone to beat-up on. (Sorry the pic is sideways...I am afraid that if I stop now and try to fix the problem, this post will never be posted)

This little boy wonder has finally mastered putting himself to sleep at a decent hour and spending the whole night in his own bed. It's a miracle.

I am considering putting he and Abi in the same bedroom now so that they can have the whole "bedtime ritual" thing together. Maybe not...maybe it's best to keep that as a one-on-one thing for Connor. Besides, the last time the slept in the same room together, they spent most of the time playing. Then I could put Carly in the laundry room where Abi was. Oh wait, if Connor and Abi slept together, Connor might teach her how to crawl out of the pack 'n play. I do not want her having that kind of freedom yet. I guess it wasn't a good thing to consider.

Writing out your thoughts has a way of putting things into perspective for me.

1 comment:

Emilee said...

Darling pictures of your kiddos! Isn't motherhood wonderful!