Our whole house is a work in progress, and it is very slow going. We are on a super tights budget which has afforded me the opportunity to get more and more creative. I spent some time gathering the different frames for this project and dug through my scrapbooking supplies. I also used my dad's talents in the vinyl department and had him fill in the spots where I didn't already have cute chipboard letters. So after spraying the frames all white, and carefully selecting coordinating papers, I came up with this for my kitchen wall:
I say this is a work in progress because I have these two sconces just waiting to be hung on the wall (acting as bookends for the frames). However, I can't hang them on the wall until I have a long 1 1/2" rod to slide into each of them. You see, I want these pictures to each have the image that they are be hanging by ribbon from the rod, that is held by the sconces. Hence the reason they are not all even. I have good intentions.
When that day comes (that I get a pole of some sorts), I will take a picture of the revised version of the project. But for now, this has been a fun way to teach Connor how to spell our last name. And it adds a little bit of fun to the kitchen.