Thursday, July 12, 2007

Moved Bed

So, after the last post, I moved Abi's bed into our bathroom (it is so nice having two bathrooms). I was really nervous as to how she would adjust to her first night in a cramped quarter, but she did so well! It was wonderful.

Connor, on the other hand, had a harder time adjusting to not having "ladybug" in his room last night. I read him "Dumbo" and Todd sang him a cuople of songs and they stood at the window and said good-night to everything.

Abi went down for her morning nap smoothly and it was fun to let Connor play in his bedroom while she slept and not worry about how much noise he was making. Which leads me to the next portion of our morning, it was so cute I just had to write about it.

Connor and I were playing with stickers and putting them on the "potty chart" that isn't really being used for potty any more. He'd tell me what was on the sticker and put it on the chart. One particular sticker was of a "bike". I peeled it off of the backing for him to place on the paper. Instead he put it on the ground, squatted down and tried to ride the bike. Needless to say, it smashed under his weight and out of frustration he ripped it in two.

I quickly diverted his mind from the bike to a train sticker, that he tried to drive on the ground. Then, like a lightbulb went on in his head, he yelled "All Aboard!" and ran to the TV. He wanted to watch his Thomas movie...which is where he is now.

2 comments:

Heather B said...

Cute story. :)

Mia said...

I love the mental picture of Connor trying to ride on a sticker. (Potty sticker charts didn't work for us either. Hope you find something that does!)