Friday, November 4, 2011

Month of Thanks - Day #4

Last night, Todd and I attended our ward's Temple Night.  It was a night that all of the members of our ward were invited to be in the temple together at one time, and dinner is always included!  Being fed spiritually and physically...doesn't get much better than that.

Todd is in charge of the Young Men, so I went with our awesome youth as they went and did Baptisms for the Dead.  The moment I walked into the temple this overwhelming feeling of peace came over me.  As I sat on a bench waiting, I opened the scriptures and had that same feeling again.

During this time in our life, where Todd's income in inconsistent, kids are going in different directions, medical/dental/education bills are staring at us, it sure is nice to know that there is a place that allows us leave our worries at the door, clear your head and feel the personal love our Heavenly Father has for each of us individually.

While visiting the temple that day, I was able to receive answers to my prayers and confirmation that Todd and I are doing what we are supposed to be doing and if we continue on in such a way, we will continue to be provided for.

I am grateful that I can enter the temple and do the important work that needs to be done as well as receive personal revelation.  I am also grateful that there have been temples within close proximity of every place Todd and I have ever lived.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Temples really are amazing, aren't they?

I am personally grateful that I took full advantage of them when I was single and had so much extra time. For a good number of years, I went to the temple a minimum of once a month, but more regularly, I went once a week to the temple.

Hopefully that makes up for how little I am able to make it to the temple now! I hope that with Jeremiah being done with school, that will free up some more time for us to go--even if we can only make it one at a time (while the other one watches the kids)!